Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Solo Visit to Iggy's


And so I went today.

I asked for a counter seat so that I could see the activities in the kitchen, and would not look stupid sitting along facing an empty chair in the main dining area.

Pre-Starters. Most of the dishes are fusion.
Do not be mistaken - this is not sushi.

What is underneath is honeydew.
Refreshing!


Eel
Caviar, Yuzu, Silver

Crab
Avocado, Cucumber, Fish Roe

Side Serving
Warm Garlic Bread served with Butter

From the Garden
Organic Seeds, Leaves & Blossoms
(Note there are 33 types of vegetables in all!)

I saw one called "drumb-stick leaf" & the inquisitive me asked

Ayu
Red Cabbage, Sago, Pernod

Pork
This dish was made for me as I don't take beef.
The orange Red Pepper Sauce had to be marinated for 4 days before it could be used.
And the pork was pan-seared before sending it for slow-grilling for 17 hours!
No wonder the fats were soft and melted in my mouth.

Abalone
California Koshihikari Rice, Winter Black Truffles

This was a special alternative for me as I tried
 the rice+truffle+abalone which I didn't like
This is the best pasta I have ever eaten.
Really.

Peach
Thyme, Verjus, Fizzy
I forgot to take a picture on how pretty it was and started digging in! 

Coconut
Passion Fruit, Banana, White Chocolate

The sand-like substance underneath is made of shredded coconuts.
L: Chocolate Gello, R: Banana Ice-cream

Coffee, Coffee

Great Selection of sweets to go with my coffee

Macaroons! I never really like chocolates, but tried 2 anyway. 

The Kitchen

No comments: